Friday, September 17, 2004

Thank you for the music!

Busy times in the home of the Miniature Rose. Repairs to the plumbing turned into a complete bathroom renovation. Ding, dong, the ugly bathroom's gone! Whoever invented the green and gold formica which graced my bathroom should have to spend time and all eternity encased by it. Beadboard painted "Velvet Sky" by Behr, is much more to my liking!

Now that the shower/drain no longer leak into the basement, I have endeavored to clean things up down there! This involves several garbage bags, a scrub brush, copious quantities of Orange Fabuloso and elbow grease. How does one get through the drudgery of such a task? Why, with the help of The Greatest. Band. Ever.

Yes, yes, yes, I am a Dancing Queen. And I feel as energetic as I did when I was seventeen, bopping around in the dungeon pleasant new living and play space. It's a good thing that I live in the country. If anyone witnessed the spectacle of a 35 year old hausfrau belting out "Mamma Mia" while down on her hands and knees scrubbing away years of dirt and grime .. well, it would surely be discussed at my commitment hearing.

No comments: