Friday, July 01, 2005

Close encounters of the penguin kind



Happy Canada Day! We broke with tradition this year, and stayed in the US rather than making the trek up to Ottawa.
Instead, my son and I went to the Rosamund Gifford Zoo in Syracuse today. The new penguin exhibit just opened, and it is spectacular. There are six different spots from which to view the penguins. The colony of fifteen Humboldt Penguins can be observed from above and below the surface of the water. William was fascinated by the birds, and so was I.
The exhibit is also rich in information about this endangered species of penguin. It's well worth the trip to see these beautiful birds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous photo of the contact between animal and child. I Love it!!!

I'm also pleased to see that the penguin is supporting the LIVESTRONG™ bracelet campaign.

Love and Hugs!