Monday, August 15, 2005

Gone fishin'

A universal truism: when the soldier deploys, that frigging Murphy guy with his stupid law comes a-knocking on the family's door. I've learned to have the coffee ready for Mr. make-stupid-stuff-happen-just-to-provide-distraction. This time around, the crise du jour is a stinky dog. Fortunately, it was my dog - Chocolate the wundermutt - who had a relatively close encounter with a skunk, rather than the doxies. And fortunately, my friends at A Doggie Doo Pet Care Center have a wide array of shampoos and potions to remove eau de PePe LePeu. The dog smells pretty again, and Mr. Murphy can go find someone else to annoy.
And with that, we're off to Prince Edward County. I have an appointment with a certain northern pike in Lake Consecon. Catch you on the flip side!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Murphy shows up here when my DH goes out of town on a deer hunt of something. Last time, I took all three kids out to feed the cows, I get two miles out in the pasture, it's nearly dark, and the old feed truck DIED!!! I can't really get out and look under the hood because the old bull is right there, just waiting to make a charge at me. Luckily, I had my cell phone and I managed to call for help. But old Murphy did it again!!