Monday, September 10, 2007

And speaking of nuns ...

I had a truly bizarre dream last night, and I'm still trying to determine its meaning.

Here's the recap:

I was at a garden center, picking out some bedding plants. I found some beautiful blue hydrangeas.

That's not too strange, considering that I just planted Icicle Pansies and purple tulip bulbs in my front flower beds.

I went to some strange place to plant these hydrangeas. It was a woodsy kind of place, and the house was up on a bare rock outcropping. We (and I don't know who comprised the "we") decided that the hydrangeas would do best if planted in pots on the porch of this strange place.

A gaggle of nuns then went running down the rock outcropping. One of the nuns was quite old, appeared to have Alzheimer's or some form of dementia, and was scooting down the rocks on her hands and knees. Sister could move like no-one's business!

Then, a snake appeared. In my dream, I said to myself, that's just a garter snake. No worries. In real life, I'm actually quite fond of garter snakes. This dream snake was quite a bit larger than the standard issue garter snake, and was black with yellow blotches. The snake was not threatening, and it was headed down the hill as well. He was followed by many other four foot long, black and yellow snakes. None paid any attention to me. The snakes and the nuns were just moving away from the house as quickly as possible.

Then I woke up, but was it took me a good five minutes to work up the courage to get out of bed and heed nature's call, because I was afraid that there were snakes on my bedroom floor.

Blue hydrangeas, rocks, nuns, and snakes. Anyone care to interpret that one?

Anyone? Bueller?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, let me think about this one.... I'll get back to you.

HQ said...

Perhaps its a message about your lapsed Catholicism?
No. No. Wait a minute. Its all about the Bush administration. The blue posies represent the wonderful discordent voices on Iraq. The nuns are the Bush keepers of the flame. And the snakes represent bad policy infiltrating everything. See its simple.

Anonymous said...

What did you eat befor going to bed?

Don't do it again.