Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Good Karma

So, last night, as I was practicing Veterinary Medicine without a license, I was thinking that the universe owed me for this gesture.

The universe agreed, and with great speed. My pay stub just arrived, and I was delighted to see that I received a nice little "weekend bonu$" for having worked more than my share of weekends over the past six months. This is a benefit that my employer has been offering for quite some time, but I didn't think I was eligible, given that I am a casual employee.

w00t!!!

UPDATE: Wow, Universe! You did me a solid!

I went to Target to spend some of my weekend bonu$, and found everything I was looking for and more.

I had been secretly coveting this sewing machine, which I had seen online while searching for Hello Kitty gifts for my HK-obsessed Mother-in-Law:



And LO! And BEHOLD! There was just such a machine at our local Target.

And because the Universe has smiled upon me today, it was 75% off. I scored a cute Janome sewing machine for a mere twenty-five bucks. I plan to give it to my niece for her 12th birthday. SHH! Don't tell Gwennie!

Do you think she'll let me play with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! WOOT!!!

Anonymous said...

Update: Great find!!! The Universe is truly great!!!!