Monday, March 17, 2008

Dear IRS Dudes

Thank you for your kind letter this week, reminding me to file our taxes so that we might receive our economic stimulus cheque. I knew this already, but the reminder was nice, nevertheless.

I was also pleased to learn that folks like us, who opted for the direct deposit option on our refunds would be first in line to receive the stimulus cheques. Hooray for modern technology! Hooray for internet banking!

I would like to take this opportunity to point out, for future reference, that the reminder letter was moot and redundant. It was sent out the day after Uncle Sam kindly deposited the refund into my bank account. If Amazon and Netflix can keep track of my interests and suggest books and movies which I might enjoy, then Uncle Sam is surely capable of knowing that I know I need to file a tax return .. having already done so. You could have shaved a buck or two off of the 42 million that you spent, sending those letters out.

I'm just sayin'

No comments: