Monday, October 20, 2008

Awww, thanks baby!



My post-night shift power nap was pleasantly disrupted this morning. The Mister and The Kidlet made a quick run to the store, and surprised me with these beautiful roses.

There's been a lot of hoopla about my retirement from the Army, said my hubby, but in many ways, you're retiring from the Army, and you deserve some hoopla, too.

{I'm a little verklempt .. talk amongst yourselves ...}

It's been one hell of a ride, these past fourteen years, and words cannot express my relief to know that we are finally on the off-ramp from Army life.

And yet .. and yet ..

For better and for worse, with more sickness than health, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (I'm just a little green with envy too :)

It is official now? I'll be sure to tell Bill in Iraq.

Rose said...

@Heidi - outprocessing will be completed on Friday. Official retirement begins on 1 December. Gotta love that permissive TDY for househunting!!
When do I get to babysit your cherubs?