Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Democracy is awesome!

It took me days to reach a decision.

This is, after all, the most important election in the history of my home and native land. Its outcome will set the tone in Canada for decades to come.

Despite the fact that this election was foisted upon the Canadian public against their wishes, I felt it was vitally important to exercise my franchise.

I have carefully considered each option. They're all quite good, in their own way. Ultimately, however, one candidate captured my imagination and earned my vote. I think it was the bagpipes that did it for me.

I chose Colin Oberst's "Canadian Gold" for the next Hockey Night in Canada anthem.

(Oh, and I sent off my absentee ballot for the Federal election, too!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! You had me!!!!