Monday, October 20, 2008

My new hero

Many of my patients are hip old ladies.

By old, I mean old, as in pushing ninety and beyond.

And by hip, I mean spunky old gals who are just stopping in for a quick hip replacement so that they can keep on keeping on.

I love my hip old ladies, and I want to be one when I grow up.

So when idiotic jocks and ridiculous pencil-pushing bureaucrats conspire to make life difficult for a hip old lady, I get riled up and have no choice but to blog about it.

Edna Jester, of Blue Ash, Ohio, is a hip old lady.

When she grew tired of those damned kids kicking their football into her yard, she confiscated said football.

A young whippersnapper by the name of Paul Tanis, aged 40, called the cops.

The cops charged Ms. Jester with petty theft over her refusal to return the $15 football. Ms. Jester has been ordered to appear in court next month. If convicted, this 89 year old woman could face a maximum of 6 months in jail and/or a $1000 fine.

Seriously?

They're going to tie up the court system over a case of finders keepers?

I'd offer to replace the $15 football if Mr. Tanis wasn't such a jerk. In fact, I'd even go so far as to deliver said football where the sun doesn't shine .. but it appears that his head is already in the way.

Free Edna!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTE KUDOS TO HER!! I would've done the same thing. It's one thing if it happened once...another if it happens all the time. Sounds like the kids are POS teenagers and the parents even bigger ones!!! They probably started doing it on purpose, too, just to get a rise out of this elderly woman who probably was living there WAY before the wastes of sperm came along. So many kids are not taught how to respect other people these days. Parents don't discipline their kids and this is what happens. Same kind of parents who bring their screaming brats to a restaurant and think its CUTE to let them run around from table to table and bug other people.