Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cracker Barrel = Liberal Haven???

After I got home from work on Tuesday morning, we drove down to the local fire station, where Steve pulled the lever for Obama. Although I am not an American citizen, I am married to one and I am the mother of one. I felt that it was important for my son to share in the experience of this historic occasion.

Afterwards, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. For my readers who are not familiar with this establishment, it's a very folksy, country style restaurant. It also has a gift shop filled to the rafters with kitchy nostalgic items. It's the last place on earth that I expected to encounter opposition to California's Proposition 8.

Yet .. there it was .. a political statement .. clear as day, in red and red!



These guys are clearly in love, and it's a beautiful thing.

If Cracker Barrel has no problem accepting a same-sex couple feathering their nest together, then I must ask: California, what's your effing problem???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! you are funny!

I've only been to a Cracker Barrel once, somewhere in Kentucky I think. It was surely not a liberal haven! (Though the most KKK baseball hats I've ever seen were at a Waffle House in southern Ohio.)

Wheee! It is a happy day!

Anonymous said...

So, are you giving it a good home?

RBC